Monday, November 14, 2016

What about other people?


In order to compare other people’s opinion on Physical Therapy to my own and my findings so far, I created a survey. I distributed my survey to a group of college students and asked them questions about Physical Therapy stereotypes, their own experience with Physical Therapy if they had any, and their thoughts on reasons for Physical Therapy. Out of everyone that completed my survey, 55% of the participants have never had Physical Therapy. Most participants knew very little about Physical Therapy. The results show that most people believe that Physical Therapists work mostly with athletes and injuries due to accidents. However, the overview of opinions on Physical Therapists is that they work very hard, go through a lot of schooling, and push their patients to do their best. Even though the majority have never actually experienced Physical Therapy first-hand and don’t fully understand the extent of it, they recognize the fact that Physical Therapists are very motivating and caring towards their patients. Out of all the students that have received Physical Therapy, 67% percent of them had a very positive experience in therapy and felt very welcomed and comfortable with their therapist. While Physical Therapy is not something that people want to have to go through, the therapists try to make it as enjoyable of an experience as possible and help their patients with everything possible. Based off the results from my survey, I have realized that while most people are aware of the amount of work and schooling required to become a Physical Therapist, they are unaware of the gratification that comes along with the career. By saying this, I hope my blog has inspired and encouraged others that Physical Therapy is totally worth the work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment