Monday, November 14, 2016

My thoughts...



Becoming a Physical Therapist requires seven years of schooling to receive a doctorate degree, tons of volunteer, observation, and hard work to receive good grades in college, however, I believe it to be worth all the work. After seeing how great of an impact a therapist can have on a patient’s life through all my observations and research, I am inspired to do the same for others. It is amazing how far a therapist goes beyond their job description to help their patients and the families to achieve a better quality of life after an injury or unforeseen incident occurs in their life. Physical Therapists' values to care for others are shown in therapy when they listen to the patient’s needs and offer help in any aspect of their patients lives. Physical Therapy is a great career that allows the therapist to form bonds with their patients. You are able to witness first-hand the effect you are having on others through close observations and one-on-one patient care. While Physical Therapy is not for everyone, I highly encourage everyone interested in the career to pursue it after witnessing the patient/therapist relationship that forms throughout therapy through my observations this semester. I will continue to observe Physical Therapy with the intent of one day becoming a Physical Therapist myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment